The ordinary visas application ( family, business, tourism) is processed by the Algerian consulate in London (http://www.algerian-consulate.org.uk/Visas.asp)
The Embassy can process visa applications from the following applicants in accordance with the procedure for issuing diplomatic and official visas:
- FCO diplomats accredited to Algiers who are holders of diplomatic passports;
- FCO civil servants going to Algiers on official business who are either holders of diplomatic passports, service passports or passports stamped with the following “The holder is a member of Her Majesty’s Diplomatic Service”;
- Senior government officials (cabinet members, MPs, party leaders, etc.) with a Note Verbale from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Diplomats from diplomatic missions accredited to London, who are holders of diplomatic passports and who are travelling to their diplomatic missions accredited to Algiers on official business;
- Applications supported by the FCO from business operators, engineers and technicians for “business” visas to the British Embassy in Algiers are to be submitted to and collected from the Consulate (1).
Visa applications must include the following documents:
- Two application forms, duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Two passport photographs;
- Passport valid for at least six months;
- A Note Verbale from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, giving relevant details as to the identity and the job title of the applicant, the purpose of the trip and its duration;
- The Note Verbale from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office must be issued by the Middle East and North African Department or the Protocol Department.
Applications for diplomatic and service visas can be submitted to the Embassy three times a week, namely, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:30 a.m and 11.30 a.m. Once an application has been received, normal visa processing is within five working days. Approved diplomatic visas can only be collected during the same times, except on Algerian and British public holidays.
- Nationals from the following countries do not require an entry visa to travel to Algeria:
Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Seychelles, Tunisia and Yemen.
- Holders of diplomatic passports from the following countries do not require a visa to travel to Algeria:
Argentina, Croatia, France, Germany.
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports from the following countries do not require a visa to travel to Algeria:
Albania, Benin, Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guinea, Greece, Italy, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Niger, Peru, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Senegal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, Vietnam.